The Storm Lake Fire Department was dispatched Tuesday evening to a car fire in the Villager Restaurant parking lot.
Fire fighters found a 2001 Dodge truck on the east side of the building totally engulfed in flames. Fire fighters extinguished the fire without further incident. The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical short circuit in the dashboard on the driver’s side of the cab.
The vehicle is owned by Austin Smith of Storm Lake and received over ten-thousand dollars damage. There were no injuries.
The fire department was on scene for about 30 minutes and was assisted at the scene by Storm Lake Police.