Intense thunderstorms early Thursday morning dumped flooding rains on portions of the region. Flash flood warnings were issued for portions of Osceola, O’Brien, Lyon, Clay, and Buena Vista counties.
In O’Brien county, anywhere from six to six-and-a-half inches of rain was reported in the Hartley area. Extensive flooding was reported in some low lying areas. Water was flowing over Highway 18 east of Hartley.
In Webb, five inches of rain fell, with water over roadways at 9:15 Thursday morning. There were reports of water standing on numerous roads in Spencer around 7:30.
In the Pocahontas area, the weather service received reports of ditches full with fields covered with water, and a portion of highway four covered at 7:40 Thursday morning.
Little in the way of severe weather was reported with the activity.
The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Little Sioux River At Linn Grove.
* from late tonight to Saturday afternoon.
* At 9 AM Thursday the stage was 17.14 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 18.00 feet.
* Forecast…Rise above flood stage by 1 AM Friday and crest near
18.1 feet by Friday June 15.the river will fall below flood stage
by Friday June 15.
* At stages near 18.5 feet…The city park in Sioux Rapids is