Storm Lake House Fire

Shortly after midnight Monday morning, the Storm Lake Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 524 Hudson Street.

Fire fighters observed heavy smoke coming from the attic and second floor of a duplex apartment. There was only one resident home at the time who smelled smoke and contacted the fire department. Fire fighters entered through heavy smoke and located a large fire burning in the attic space over both of the apartments.

There were no injuries. Damage to the residence is estimated at 30-thousand dollars. Overheated electrical wiring in the attic is believed to be the cause of the fire.

Fire fighters were on scene for about five hours and were assisted by the Storm Lake Police Department. The duplex is owned by Jaime Quintanilla of Storm Lake.