Officials are looking into the cause of a fire that forced some people from their home on Christmas Eve in Spencer.
Firefighters were called to 810 6th Avenue West after getting a report of heavy smoke coming from the home’s heat registers. The occupants managed to get out unharmed. Extensive damage was reported throughout the house with smoke and fire damage extending from the basement to the attic.
There’s been no word on a probable cause. It’s believed the fire started in the basement. Spencer firefighters were on the scene Sunday about three and-a-half hours.
(Story from Y-100, Spencer)